We had our first meeting as a Theater J Council yesterday since launching this blog and we ended the meeting talking for a while about this new way of communicating, via blog, with new friends, old friends, readers far away and lay-leaders very close. It was a very good meeting, with tons of information compressed into a 90 minute window. Will we reveal the minutes of that meeting on this blog? I don’t think so.
Should we share with you what was on the agenda? All the many topics discussed?
Why not? We’re gonna get around to talking about all these things anyway, including upcoming programming, discussions, plans, and even, yes, our budget. Money money money. Let’s talk about that sometime soon, okay?
For now, here’s what gets talked about at a Theater J Council meeting.
Theater J Council
April 18, 2007 Meeting
12:15 – 1:30 pm
1) WELCOME (Mimi) (12:15)
2) GUEST ARTIST (Ari introduce) (12:15)
3) REPORT ON EITHER OR (12:25)
Artistic and Financial
(Ari, Patricia, Simone, Hannah, Rebecca)
Staff reports on ticket sales, group sales and marketing
Council reports from Program Committee and Outreach Committee
(Minna and Stephen; Joan and Marge)
4) FAMILY SECRETS WRAP UP (Ari, Patricia) (12:35)
5) PANGS OF THE MESSIAH AND
VOICES FROM A CHANGING MIDDLE EAST : A FESTIVAL (Ari, Stephen)
Middle East Festival Ticket Package (Patricia)
Fringe Festival participation (Hannah)
6) 2007-08 SEASON (Ari, Patricia) (12:50)
Subscription Advisory Committee Report (Ira and Patty)
7) BUDGET (Ari and Patricia) (1:00)
8 ) UPDATE ON FUNDRAISING AND GRANTS (Ari and Patricia) (1:05)
9) STRATEGIC PLANNING AD HOC (Evelyn) (1:10)
10) CALL OUT FOR SPECIAL THEATER NEEDS (1:15)
-Communications and Marketing Director (Ari)
– New Theater Shop Location (Tom Howley)
– Summer Interns, Home Hospitality, Volunteers For Opening Night (Patricia)
11) “AS THE BLOG TURNS” – FASCINATING PLOT LINES FROM OUR NEWEST ELECTRONIC UNDERTAKING – Ari 1:20)
12) FINAL TID-BIT – AN EPIPHANY YOU WON’T READ ON LINE – Ari 1:25)
Well, that’s what an agenda looks like.
Tonight’s the DCJCC Gala at Union Station celebrating 10 years since we moved into our building at 16th and Q. Dress up time. This fancy event, I’ll be joining the rest of the staff and attending. Perhaps we’ll have some pictures to share.